Welcome to St. Peter!
The mission of the St. Peter Area Chamber of Commerce is to stimulate economic activity and enhance the quality of life with the vision that St. Peter will be a thriving community to live, work, and visit.
With more than 240 businesses represented, the Chamber is a business organization that promotes economic growth and a heightened standard of living through leadership and community cooperation. The St. Peter Area Chamber of Commerce serves its membership through promotion, advocacy, and networking.
Promotion – The Chamber leads broad promotion of St. Peter as a thriving community to live, work, and visit by dedicating time and resources to events and activities with a high return on investment which drive business to St. Peter.
Advocacy – The Chamber works to inform members about items of interest and augments the voice of the business community to city, school district, county, and state policy makers by working to identify the needs or concerns of members and sharing these with policy decision makers. The Chamber serves all sectors of the business community (agriculture, healthcare, finance, service, education, manufacturing, and retail).
Networking – The Chamber coordinates regular opportunities for members to meet each other to build strong professional relationships and affiliations.
Reason To Join the Chamber
- Bring credibility to your business. Chamber members have a positive perception among consumers and business owners.
- Increase your visibility in the community. Displaying the membership window cling and attending Chamber events increases connections for our business in the community.
- Promotion and publicity. There are many opportunities to promote your business such as member exclusive advertising for member-to-member publicity, having your business listed in the online and print member directory (delivered to approximately 2500 households in St. Peter), and opportunities for business promotions on the Chamber website.
- Networking opportunities. Attending business before/after hours, serving on a chamber committee, or attending a chamber event provide opportunities for building a strong professional network in the community.
- Collective voice in government. The Chamber works to listen to concerns from members and share these with policy makers and to disseminate local and regional issues and their potential impact on members.
- Receive chamber newsletters. Newsletters provide information about activities happening in St. Peter as well as legislative updates.
- Customer referrals. Every day the Chamber receives contacts (phone, email, social media, or in person) from individuals and businesses and the chamber staff refers people to Chamber members.
- Chamber events and programs. Some Chamber events are exclusively for members to network while other events are major drivers of tourism to the city. All events are designed to enhance the quality of the community.
- Be part of benefiting the business community. No individual business can prosper without collaboration of a diverse network of businesses. The Chamber pools efforts for a greater benefit to the community as a whole.
- Chamber office is information central. The Chamber staff are available to help any member with research and information gathering on an issue or concern.
If you have any questions about membership in the St. Peter Chamber and wish to discuss them with one of our staff please feel free to contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at 507-934-3400.